Search This Blog

Tuesday 07.20.10

Today was great.

Sadly, it was our last Russian class, so we went over to Natalia's house to hang out with her granddaughter, Nika, and make some blinchiki, which are basically crepes.

While Natalia and Sam were cooking, I was running around with Nika. She is super adorable and so much fun. At one point she was just running back and forth from one wall to the other. We naturally became best friends.


Then lunch was ready. We had a copious amount of filling options. There were sauteed mushrooms and cabbage, nutella, bananas, raspberries, tvorok, yogurt, and other things I can't rememver. All served with tea, of course.


This combo was def my favorite. Nutella forever.


While Nika was taking her nap, we all calmed our full bellys by watching Sherlock Holmes dubbed in Russian. I've seen that movie four times and only in Russian. I still don't fully understand what's going on.

Then Nika woke up and we had to say good-bye. I wanted to take her with me.


Later that night, after our camp meeting, Sam's family and mine got together at a cafe to smoke hookah. My lungs cannot handle smoke anymore, but it was a fun and delicious treat nonetheless.


I love hot chocolate and have been craving it for a while, so when I saw it on the menu I ordered it.


Russian hot chocolate is weeeiiirrrddd. It's basically fudge, a shot of warm, straight, thick, sweet fudge. But it came with water and water is so valuable since the drinking water here is tainted by polution and other unknown parasites. Also, the chocolate tasted delicious with the cherry flavored hookah.

No comments:

Post a Comment