Search This Blog

Tuesday 07.13.10

Instead of having our traditional Russian class with Natalia Stepanovna, we went to her apartment to make some piroshki. Since Sam and I are vegetarian, we stuffed them with potato and mushrooms. I lack folding skills, so I made about two and left the rest to Sam and Natalia.


Here you can see Sam in action- some piroshki are already stuffed, but raw and some are frying away in the covered pan.


Here is the finished product! And since we are in Russia, our wonderful host offered us fresh hot tea on this scorching day. I'm starting to really love tea.


And this is what it looks like on the inside. So it's basically a filled doughnut, usually stuffed with meat. You can find a stand that sells these almost anywhere in Russia.

I ate about eight of these that day. I nearly died.

No comments:

Post a Comment