Search This Blog

Mi Casa!

This is the living room. You can see my bed to the left and my host-woman's bed to the right. And that's the television where I watched a bunch of American movies only dubbed in Russia with no English subtitles. I still don't really know what happens in Sherlock Holmes after watching it six times.


This is the kitchen, where pasta was never in short supply. I loved my host-woman, she knew how much I loved pasta and would always buy it for me. And I think on the table in this picture, she made this thing with summer squash and garlic with a little bit of mayo and some tomato salad thing, it was delish.


The kitchen leads to the balcony where I spent most of my time.I would stand here often watching people walk by and smoking cigarettes, trying to sort out my feelings toward this place, sometimes loving Russia, sometimes hating it.


And finally this is the view from my balcony.


Actually there were two balconies, but the other was reserved for drying clothes. I think I prefer clothes to be dried on a rack instead of a dryer--- it'd keep me from ruining my sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment